The future home of how to trash meks from the comfort of your computer chair using MegaMek.
How to setup Megamek:
- Download Megamek (The stable version: Version 0.34.10)
- Set up Port Forwarding on your router for port 2346 to your internal IP address (command line “ipconfig” or your router should tell you this)
- Run Megamek.exe
- For now create a unit worth ~4500 (4300-4700) Battle Value, 4 mechs, no vehicles, 3025 designs only for now (No double heat sinks, No ER/Pulse/Streak/Ultra stuff ,etc), custom designs are OK (Solaris Skunkworks files can be imported in some fashion, I will look into that, but they can actually be created in a text editor by looking at the mechs already there, just verify them in Skunkworks)
- I’ll email you my IP address so you can connect to a game on my computer.
- Right now we will just fight for fun (games take a LOT less time) but I will work out some kind of system for rewards. Probably higher tech access (but still have to pay the Battle Value for it)
- I’m vaguely familiar with Mekwars (a campaign system for Megamek, but it’s a pain in the rear to configure in my past attempts, so for now think of it as a future possibility, though check out some of the campaigns already running at Mekwars.org